01 December 2007

Wild and Free



When I looked at those faces
they reminded me of those phases
in my life where everything
seemed to be just right
and smooth sailing
Back then I used to be so carefree
nothing is there to pull me down
not even my family
I was there running wild in my own dreams
being so oblivious to all the things around me
I know I don’t have to worry about money
cause daddy will always be there for me
I know I don’t have to worry about doing the laundry,
washing the dishes or even lifting my finger up for any cleaning
cause mommy will be there to get it all ready for me
I don’t have to worry about food and drinks
cause I know everything has been taken care of
and I mean… everything
In my tiny little head I only have these to worry
with who am I going to play during the weekend?
will my cousin be around to continue the game?
or will I be alone…
like most of the times when I’m at home
With who am I going to share these little secrets?
about my crush in school, my first puppy love
my skipping lessons and got caught for talking in classes
With who am I going to seek attention from
whenever I fail my tests?
whenever I fight with my friends?
whenever mom refuses to see things the way I do?
and even at those times when daddy falls sick,
I simply refuse to see
and to acknowledge the fact that daddy will leave me
All I have in my tiny little head is that I know daddy loves me
and I know he will never ever forsake me
Never…
but of course I have to accept the painful reality
that daddy is here no more for me
The day daddy left was the day my world became incomplete
in the jigsaw puzzle of my life, he was the missing piece
since then there were no more ‘wild and free’ for me
Things have changed and changes come with great responsibility
and it changed my life entirely
not that I complain for losing my freedom or the wild side of me
its just that I miss the goody old days of the old little me
so I smile at myself looking at those kids
they were running and playing
singing and dancing as if we were all invisible
they were laughing and giggling
pulling each other closer and whisper jokes
before they broke into another fit of giggles
as for me…
here I am sitting and reminiscing
recalling and appreciating every little seconds of my life
with mom and daddy
Oh, I miss the old man very much now…

- this poetry was first posted up at my fanfic sites on 21-05-2007

No comments: